Position: Office Manager. This position supports the many aspects of our church life and is the first person one encounters upon visiting, phoning, or emailing for information. The Office Manager is the first stop when church members are trying to solve a problem or seeking information. It is a position requiring tact, discretion, dependability, independent judgement, empathy, and the ability to listen. Daily duties involve assisting the Pastor and staff, boards, committees, members of the congregation, visitors, outside groups, and facility service people. Familiarity with Microsoft Office is necessary, as well as troubleshooting computer issues for the staff. The Office Manager is supervised by the Pastor and works closely with the Moderator and Trustee Chair.
- Perform general office functions including composing correspondence and reports, answering phones and operating office equipment.
- Produce weekly church bulletin and special bulletins as needed.
- Review and revise church brochures and other handouts as needed.
- Advise Pastor and Trustees of administrative needs, services and equipment.
- Maintain current information on church website.
- Write and edit monthly newsletter. Post to website and mail copies as requested.
- Schedule building use from outside entities under established policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and initiate requests for service pertaining to the general oversight of the building.
- Act as a liaison between service personnel and Board of Trustees.
- Attend staff meetings.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to our Office Manager, Nan Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.